Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Spinning can be a killer

I thought that after the summer my body would thank me and I would work on getting into shape. However yesterday morning I took a regular spin class and was done by 7am - shower and get ready for work. However somewhere in all that preparation my back flipped out - it started out as an ache and by the time I got to work I was in full on pain. I bought those heated back things and all I got was a warm aloe smelling back - pain getting worse. I tried to function at work but it was so hard to keep focused with shooting pain. I managed to score a last minute massage appointment at EA Red Door and hoped it was the answer to my pain.
I went to the appointment and the massage was awesome as usual however after it was done I went to stand up to get dressed and couldn't move very far, I was in even more pain!
The treck home was not fun - I managed to make it to Port Authority(mapped it after 1.8 miles in pain, smooth Melanie) and board a bus. I even went to the library to return books a million days overdue and then finally came home.
For the past 12 hours I have been attached to a heating pad and watching really bad DVR tv. I don't know what did this but I'm not happy and I can only hope to get better.

~Melanie

No comments: