Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Chuck almost died!

Last night after a few too many martinis at happy hour I decided to do some household chores. Lisa came over and we finally got the couch down the stairs and out of my apartment......then I decided I should change the water in chuck's bowl since it had ummm been awhile.

Chuck is not a fan of the water bowl change, he swims out of reach of the spoon I use to put him in the temporary holding bowl while cleaning his. Now this was a good idea at the time, I started to dump the water down the drain hoping to force Chuck closer to the spoon to come out. Instead he ended up in the drain of the sink. In my not-so-sober state I panicked and almost forced him down the drain, luckily Lisa was there to pull him out and put him in the bowl. He didn't move at first and I figured he wasn't going to live but thankfully he started swimming and is fine.

When I woke up this morning he was swimming and doing just fine so luckily he'll make it a bit longer. Poor Chuck, my dad calls him the ghetto fish b/c I forget to feed him or constantly put different things around his bowl and now I almost killed him.

Lesson learned, leave the fish alone after 1/2 price martini night :)

~M

No comments: