Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Vacationing in suburbia - April 2008

I finally manged to take a mini-vacation. I left last Thursday to head down to North Carolina to see Sandy & kids(hi kids!). I had a great trip - some highlights

- The kids are still adorable and very funny - Dylan does not have an off switch from sunup to sundown(they get up very early) he was go go go

- Colby does not know where he lives. He and I went bike riding and proceeded to get lost b/c I let him lead and have no sense of direction. What started out as a leisurely bike ride became a very loooooooooong ride. We finally found our way home but ended up on some major highway that he's not allowed on and he totally ratted me out to his mother when she got home.

- I am now the owner of Chubby the duck on Webkinz....I only joined so that I can play online games with the kids - buuuuuuut Chubby has the best room and now an outside pool too! When I signed up for the account I attempted to name the duck Kettle One (continuing my qwest to name all pets after alcohol) Webkinz however didn't like those words so I defaulted to Chubby. Chubby is white and is currently sporting a black Dude hat & flip flops - I had to answer a couple hundred 5-6 year olds trivia questions for that pool.

- I spent a day and a half trying to win Kinzbucks so that Dylan's pet wouldn't die. It had no bed and was really ticked off about it and was going to die. I mail the kid the bed and when he opens it his first reaction "Only a bed?" sooooo Dylan - you're on your own.

- Went out Saturday night to a local bar - Sandy lives near an Air Force base. Military = Hot Men.....not so much here. Apparently they all travel to Raliegh so we were left with the locals. I had a good time with the people we went with - the one girl who only did a shot of tequila - no chaser - is my new hero. For those of you who received my text msgs. Saturday night I apologize I was drunk and confused by all the locals and marrieds. I dont' remember coming home and apparently Sandy & I had a great coversation that night.

- Little league - I'm not a fan of baseball but watching Boo attempt to play baseball with both his parents yelling at him and him ignoring them was hysterical. Sadly his team lost but I think he did a fantastic job!

Those are the things I remember, I spent too much time working while away but was able to hang out with some of my favorite people in the world. For all of you who think I'm not domestic I held my own this weekend with 3 kids....progress.

Next time we're going to Myrtle Beach though :)

~M

No comments: