Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Newest Pick-Up line - April 2008

Last night we went out to celebrate Norell & Turco's birthdays. Started at Trinity, very nice dinner and a bunch of drinks. Wandered over to Whiskey Bar for phase 2...I drank quite a few vodka/clubs...a lot. So of course I got drunk way fast and ended up leaving before everyone else. I was ok to get home so I began to walk home since it's not too far. I should note that I was wearing 4 inch heeled sandals, I'm not graceful naturally and with some vodka and spindle heels it was a challenge. Hoboken wasn't too crowded so I started walking home, mostly watching the ground so I didn't fall. In front of me was this guy who was walking by himself - he wasn't on the phone or anything and basically I stopped when he stopped at corners b/c of that whole watching the ground thing. About a block before my apartment I crossed the street to the other side and he went with me...and started to chat. He wasn't a weird guy or anything, seemed pretty normal but b/c I was watching the ground I wasn't really paying attention and only answering in 1 or 2 words. This is paraphrased but basically the jist of our conversation

Him: So how was your night

Me: fine

Him: I'm just throwing this out here but I'd like to propose a night of hot sex, just me and you. How about it? (Yes he did say it after about 2 sentences of coversation - I don't even know his name)

Me: laughed - Thanks but I'm gonna pass

Him: No really it'll be good - no strings just one hot night.

At this point I was at a loss....I walked over to my door and he made a last ditch effort and kissed me! Ummm dude I just met you on the street 2 min ago and laughed at your proposal....does this ever work for him?

I can only imagine that this guy was very drunk and thought that since I was weaving my way home I was someone who would accept this amazing offer.

Has Hoboken changed recently? I get that it's spring and summer is coming but seriously??

No comments: